Perth At Home Theatre are proud to announce the 2020 South West Project. We will be producing three locally written short plays to be filmed in their original locations in South West WA in October. These will then be published to YouTube in their original locations in South West WA in October. These will then be published to YouTube in late 2020.
AT THE LIGHTHOUSE by James Forte (1 Male, 1 Female)
It is the nineteen thirties. A young teacher, fresh out of training, finds herself posted to a one teacher school in southwestern Australia. When a particularly intense cyclone merges with a storm front, she misses the evacuation train and finds herself trapped. And assisting the only other person left – the wireless-operator at the lighthouse. Together they struggle to keep the outside world informed as the most intensive storm in a century approaches.
BUSSELTON JETTY 1969 by James Forte (1 Female and 1 Male Support)
Nostalgia is addictive. Extremely addictive. A new technology enables people to relive their favourite memories. Just beware of the dark side.
THIS WAY UP by Chris McRae and Luke Miller (2 Flexible)
Two failed American comedians try to get to the root of the Australian sense of humour to try and make it big down under. But everything seems backwards as the cultural gap gets bigger and bigger and their chances of success grow smaller and smaller with every one liner.
– Filming will be taking place in Augusta, Margaret River and Busselton between 5th-10th October 2020
– All auditionees must be able to organise travel to and their own accomodation (if required) in the South West for filming on the set dates.
– Auditionees will need to organise their own accomodation if they wish to stay. PAHT can provide some suitable suggestions. This will need to be self funded.
– Rehearsals will take place in person or virtually (depending on actor location) commencing after the casting process is complete. All rehearsals will take place prior to the filming dates and will be organised directly between cast members and directors.
FILMING DATES AND TIMES
At The Lighthouse (Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse, Leeuwin Rd, Augusta WA)
– Tuesday 6th October: Meet and Greet, Lighthouse Tour and Lunch.
– Wednesday 7th October: Filming 4:00-9:00pm
This Way Up (Margaret River Hotel Front Bar, 125 Bussell Highway, Margaret River WA)
– Thursday 8th October, 12:00pm
Busselton Jetty 1969 (Busselton Jetty, 3L Queen St, Busselton WA)
– Saturday 10th October: Meet for Lunch and Discussion, 12:00pm and Filming 2:00-6:00pm
At The Lighthouse (Setting: 1930’s)
1 Male, Mid to Late 20’s (Lighthouse Keeper)
1 Female, Early to Mid 20’s (Local School Teacher)
This Way Up (Setting: Present Day)
2x Male or Female 20’s or 30’s (Failed American Stand Up Comedians)
* Note: American Accent Required
Busselton Jetty 1969 (Setting: 1969)
1 Female (Early 20’s)
1 Male (Late Teens) – Optional Non Speaking Role
STEP 1: Fill in the Perth At Home Theatre audition application form available at the link below stating your details and indicating which production(s) you would like to be considered for. Please also indicate and check the section regarding filming dates. By completing this form, you are agreeing that you will be available for the scheduled filming dates in October as outlined above.
AUDITION SIGN UP FORM
STEP 2: Auditions will be completed as video submissions. Auditionees will be required to submit a recording of an age appropriate monologue of their choice of approximately 1-2 minutes in duration. The monologue should demonstrate.
– Appropriate use of voice and movement
– Character depth and journey
– Strong projection and consistent characterisation.
– American scripts and/or accents will be desirable if auditioning for ‘This Way Up
Some Monologue links and suggestions are included below
AUDITION VIDEO UPLOAD LINK
Videos must be submitted to the portal link provided below by 5:00pm Sunday 16th August.
STEP 3: Directors will review all video submissions and be in touch via email by Monday 24th August with casting details and logistical requirements
We are very much looking forward to this exciting project and thank you for your interest in Perth At Home Theatre Company and local stories.